At their core, LinkedIn influencers are thought leaders in their industries—they have a broad audience and are persuasive because of their expertise and authenticity.
Influencers can promote your brand and increase brand awareness. And they have the power to connect you with other leaders in your industry.
But how do you go about finding successful influencers on LinkedIn?
Here are some tips to find leading influencers in your industry on LinkedIn.
- Search by Keyword
One way to identify relevant influencers is by using keywords to search LinkedIn.
- First, type keywords or phrases into the search box. Use keywords that are related to your industry or intended influencer campaign. For example, if you type “thought leadership” into the search box, you will be given the option to search this keyword “in People.”
- Then, you’ll get a list of people that fit these keywords that are second level and third level connections to you. You can choose to further filter results by “Connections,” “Locations,” and “Current companies.”
- From here, view and evaluate the profiles of people you are interested in to find out more about them.
- Search by author
Another way to find influencers is to search the content produced on LinkedIn. As well as being an excellent place for networking, it’s also a publishing platform. All members can publish articles on the site.
To find leading articles on LinkedIn:
- Click on the search bar and select “Content” from the dropdown menu.
- You can further refine the content by using keywords in the search box.
- Then, you will get a list of the most popular articles for your keywords.
- You can also choose to filter the content by “Posted by,” “Date posted,” and “Author industries.”
- Each article will be connected with a member’s page. Reading a person’s articles can give you an idea of whether you want to work with them.
Even though loads of content are produced on LinkedIn, it’s relatively easy to figure out who the most influential people are within an industry.
- Pay attention to the quality of the article and what they are saying.
- Look at how many people are commenting on and reacting to the articles.
- Notice if and how often their articles are shared.
- Find influencers through groups
Checking out LinkedIn groups related to your industry is another way to find influencers.
- Select “Groups” from the dropdown menu under the search box.
- Use relevant keywords to find groups to research.
- You can also find groups through the search box on your homepage.
- Once you type your keywords, you’ll have the option to search it in jobs, people, or groups.
- The groups will be sorted by their activity and membership size.
You’ll have to request to join a group and get approval from the moderator. Try joining the top groups in your industry.
- After you’ve joined a group, you’ll be able to see the top contributors in a group.
- You can also check the most popular posts in a group by clicking on “Popular.”
From here, you can see who is posting regular content and getting the most engagement. These are the best people to reach out to.
- Connect with influencers
Once you’ve found influencers you are interested in working with, it’s time to reach out to them. Start by writing the potential influencers engaging messages. Make sure you craft messages that stand out and make them want to collaborate with you. Let them know who you are and what you’re looking for. As well, tell them why you think they’d be a great fit.
LinkedIn influencers can increase your reach. And finding them doesn’t need to be a daunting task. Search keywords, authors, and groups and start connecting with the right influencers for your brand.